Beam Wallet requires permission to run in the background. We recommend you give the Beam mobile wallet app permissions so you can accept transactions at any given moment.
- Launch Beam mobile wallet app.
- Tap create new wallet.
- Tap generate seed phrase. Record your seed phrase (pen and paper recommended).
- Verify your seed phrase.
- Select node connecter**.**
- Create a wallet password.
Congratulations on creating your Beam wallet! You are ready to send or receive Beam coins directly from the wallet screen. The wallet screen displays your wallet balance and lists your most recent transactions.
Create a new wallet or restore an old wallet upon first launching your mobile app.
Your seed phrase is a series of 12 unique words that is the only way you (or anybody) can access your funds. Your seed phrase is not linked to your email or phone number. If you forget your wallet password or lose your device, the only way to restore your wallet is through your seed phrase!
Keep your wallet seed phrase secret, and never share your seed phrase with anyone!
Please do not write your seed phrase down electronically, take a screenshot or store it anywhere vulnerable to cyber attacks. Pen and paper are unhackable and recommended. Make multiple copies of your seed phrase and store them somewhere safe!
Mobile users can skip the seed verification process and start using their wallets right away. Not verifying and writing down your seed phrase may result in you losing your Beam coins.
Verify your seed phrase by re-entering your seed phrase in random order.
- Random node: connecting to a random node is a fast but partial synch with the Beam blockchain.
- Mobile node: mobile node leads to a longer time connecting with the blockchain, but it allows you to sync your balance across multiple Beam wallets.
- Own node: connect your node configured with your Wallet Owner Key.
Select a password (eight characters minimum, at least one letter, number, or special symbol) that will give you access to your Beam wallet. Your wallet password is an extra lock for your device, while your seed phrase is a private key that identifies your wallet and can access your funds.
Choose a strong password
Your wallet is ready to Send, Receive and hold Beam coins and Confidential Assets.